Tuesday, May 24, 2011

HW#58 - Prom Interviews

My friend Kimberly (hasn't attended Prom)

1.)What are your int ital thoughts on prom?
I think its more of a girls day too get all dolled up too show their friends the ending and how much they grew up as years passed on. I think its just one big event too end the year with people you've known throughout high school.

2.)Are you excited for prom? Why or why not?
Not really. I think its too stressful and cost too much just for one night. And i just feel like my grade isn't as close as we all should be.

3.)Are you going with someone?
Most likely yes because i want too experience the day with someone who will remember every moment of that day.

4.)Do you think it's mandatory for someone to get that prom "experience"?
I don't think it is. I think that each high school student is different in how they interact with people. So depending on how they're socially they might not like it, might not be life changing too them.

5.)What's your opinion on the general stereo-types revolved around prom ?
In movies prom is this romantic place where everyone goes with their boyfriend/girlfriend. Usually in movies at the end of that night the two love birds have some sexual contact. Or even that every ones happy during this whole process

6.)Do you think it's one of the most important times of your life?
I don't. I think graduating and getting accepted into a college is the most important. Because a girl or boy can be doing so bad in school and go to prom without getting the chance too have that final walk down.

My Friend Katherine (attended Prom last week)

1.)What are your initital thoughts on prom?
Being that I went to prom, I think that it was a fun experience for me. I was able to hang out with my close friends who probably I wouldn't see once we graduated.

2.)Are you excited for prom? Why or why not?
At the time when I went I was reallllyyyy excited just by the fact of putting on a gown and dressing up. It's like a good feeling inside for a girl's point of view.

3.)Are you going with someone?
I went with my ex boyfriend at the time. Me and him are really cool now. If you are seeing someone at the time like a gf/bf it's only right you go with them.

4.)Do you think it's mandatory for someone to get that prom "experience"?
Personally I don't think it's mandatory but seniors should go to prom. It's like that one night when all you guys we be all together as a group to just bug out and have a lot of fun. So I don't think it's mandatory but I would push people for it.

5.)What's your opinion on the general stero-types revolved around prom ?
Usually you always hear that you are suppose to have sex with someone and drink because it's a "special" night so you are free to do whatever you want. I know when I was at prom people were hooking up with people you wouldn't even think of which was weird and awkward.

6.)Do you think it's one of the most important times of your life?
Honestly, I think that it is a important time of your life but at the same time if you don't wanna go you shouldn't force yourself because everybody is going. I'm kind of on the fence. Prom is a big deal to some people like before your wedding type of event.

My Aunt

1.)What are initital thoughts on prom?
I think that prom is an exciting event for every teenager. It is a way for them to grow and for the parents to see their child and be like "omg look at my little boy/girl"

2.)Are you excited for prom? Why or why not?
Years ago when i went to prom, i was excited but not over the top. It wasn't something i was dreading on or anything. Just a party for me to enjoy myself with my friends.

3.)Are you going with someone?

No i actually just went with a group of friends in a limo.

4.)Do you think it's mandatory for someone to get that prom "experience"?

I don't think so. I think you either go or you don't. It's a big deal to other, some not so much.

5.)What's your opinion on the general stereo-types revolved around prom ?

I think that its kind of funny how we have all these different kind of ideas of what "prom" is but what is it really? Everybody has their own interpretation of prom. It wont all be the same concept.

From the people i interviewed i noticed that all of them said that it is a day for girls to get all dressed and be beautiful not that they aren't already and have a good time. They all mentioned that prom is the kind of thing that isn't the kind of thing you have to go to, that it's your own voice. All the people i did interview were girls also so maybe that has something to do with it. I think that if i had interviewed a boy it would have been a little different because i think prom isn't a big deal as it is with boys as with girls. They don't have to prepare as much as we do. They all mentioned the fact that they are are/were excited for prom that it was/would be a good time for everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment